Thursday, December 31, 2009

I AM IM


On this happy day off, thoughts turn to work.  Where instant messaging makes it oh so easy to engage in professional conversations such as this:  


Doe, Jane  (not her real name) :    1343637 - please review. thx.
Doe,  Jill (not her real name) :    yesm!
Doe, Jane :  Yanks yots.
Doe,  Jill :    we sound so retarded!     chus a mimit
Doe, Jane :   jes keepin it weird!
Doe,  Jill  :    hahahah
Doe,  Jill  :    done, red to delete, green to add! I mean gween.
Doe, Jane:     you are vunderbar.
Doe,  Jill  :    now i want some candy!
Doe, Jane:    I always want candy.
Doe,  Jill :    what was Dan's name again?    uncle...
Doe, Jane:    Schumley.   You could also call him Nad (Dan backwards) or even Nadley.   He's the baby of the family - we pretty  much tortured him all the time.  haha.
Doe,  Jill :    ha! we did that with our baby sister, she turned out okay.
Doe, Jane:    He's okay too....just don't mention his bat legs.  haha.  Seriously.  Don't.
Doe,  Jill :    hahahah!
Doe,  Jill :    chan...fife...chan...fife
Doe, Jane:    that about sums it up!
Doe,  Jill :    that little icon is cute I like how he sniffs after he finishes crying
Doe, Jane :    oh yes - very cute!  I was looking for a cute one to send back, but couldn't find one that fit.
Doe,  Jill :    I know...we need MORE icons!
Doe, Jane:       yup!
Doe,  Jill :    oh that's great!      if you are really mad about something!
Doe, Jane:     good one!
Doe, Jill :    !
Doe, Jane:    Looks like the whole famdamily!
Doe,  Jill  :     that them!!!    wetarded
Doe,  Jill :     not that there's anything WRONG with that.
Doe, Jane:    don't go getting PC on me now...
Doe,  Jill :    I was hoping it did not offend you, but how do you ask something like that without offending somebody!    hell, I even offend myself sometimes.
Doe, Jane :   Believe me, my sense of humor is very off the wall and jaded.  I can find humor in anything, as long as that's all it is.  I know you wouldn't say something like that in any other context, and neither would I.  right?  right.
Doe,  Jill :    right!
Doe, Jane:    And I wouldn't say it to just anyone.  I have a friend here who takes everything so seriously, I can't make any kind of generalization comment like that or she gets offended.  Unless we're talking about men, and then she's worse than me!
Doe,  Jill :    cheeze is it my sister?
Doe, Jane:    Or your brother from another mother??
Doe,  Jill :    ok I can only get so deep at this time of night.
Doe, Jane:    I couldn't think of anything to rhyme with sister.
Doe,  Jill :    nope.    it's not coming.  It's 6:24.    I got nothing
Doe, Jane :    me either.  darn.
Doe,  Jill:    I love that last icon!!!!    That's what I look like right now!!!
Doe,  Jane:    Kinda how I look most of the time... ozoned.
Doe,  Jill :     lol!!!! I am getting giddy!
Doe, Jane:    my sister from a ___ mister.  Fill in the blank.  Your turn.
Doe,  Jill:     ooohhh good one...  sister from a minister mister?   sister from a sinister?
Doe, Jane:    close...
Doe,  Jill :    no cigar
Doe, Jane:    we'll have to work on it...
Doe,  Jill:    oh!     sister from a darky mister!    ok now I am offending myself.
Doe, Jane :     supposed to rhyme with sister and mister.
Doe,  Jill :    ook.    I am laughing so hard!    A darky mister!
Doe, Jane :    you're cracking me up too.
Doe,  Jill  :    this has got to stop. someone has to stop it.
Doe, Jane:    It would have to be blister mister or pister mister?  Okay - that's pretty bad.  How about twister mister?    Love the stop sign!
Doe,  Jill  :     I couldn't wait to use it
Doe, Jane :     You set that one up well!
Doe,  Jill :     thank you as i said i will be here all week


Now I can't wait to go back to work!  

No comments: