Thursday, November 26, 2009

THANKSGIVING


Thanks for:


1.  My husband chuck, who cleans the lint filter after emptying the dryer and who, after everything I do, re-does it right.


2.  My children, who although having proved that parenting by intimidation does not work are nevertheless using the same method on their own kids. 

3.  My mother who even though is not that intimate with reality still manages to make me laugh once in a while.


4.  Facebook, which has made me realize how many wonderful people I know.


5.  The internet.  Before the web, I did my surfing by walking down every aisle in the library with my head sideways.


6.  A job that I kick ass at and can go to work wearing a towel.


7.  Whatever gave me the faith to redecorate my bedroom when we don't even know where the next mortgage payment is coming from.  


8.   Hello Kitty who has no mouth because if she did it would ruin the whole effect, like how not understanding the words to certain songs makes them more magical and cool.


9.  My grandchildren, who do and say the funniest things, like Aysha when she had two dolls named Jean: one little Jean and one big Jean the lesbian.  And Jordan who feared the haunted house at WDW, saying "but what about the ghostly apprehensions" (should be apparitions).  


10. All the fish.


No comments: