Sunday, November 15, 2009

Total Bedroom Makeover!!


I don't know what got into me, but it was one of those moments when all the tumblers of the lock to the universe aligned themselves and...it was time. Time to redo my hideous bedroom.


When I told my husband what I wanted to do, he asked me "Have you ever painted a room before?"


"Sure," I said. "Lots of times." I did not tell him that this had been 30 years ago. So I am at that point where I can't change my mind about this anymore and I must see the reformation through to the end. It's not a good place. I am tired. Everything is in disarray. I just want it to be all over with. I hate HGTV for making it look so easy.


Anyway, The first picture below is wall #1 "DURING" as it looks right now. It has been primed and that's all. Because it is going to be an "accent wall" it will be the last wall painted (in Aspen Aura). You can also see adjoining wall #2 has not quite been completed with its first coat. The second picture below is wall #1 "BEFORE". The entire room was a sickly mauve color when we moved in. The furniture was a mixture of mine and my husband's (we've only been married 3 years). And the dresser was trashed out because I was cleaning out the drawers.



Now the next picture you see below is wall #3 "BEFORE" showing more of how bad the room looked with all that mauve and old furniture and mattresses on the floor. UGLY!


And the picture following that is wall #3 "DURING" or as it looks now. This has both coats of the new color which is Spring Green.




This shows wall #3 "BEFORE" and "AFTER", the junkiest, ugliest part of the room. It is finished and has the second coat and is finished except for the edges.





Oh, and here are the new beds, still in their boxes. Hey, it's a work in progress. It will get done.





No comments: