Monday, June 14, 2010

And to My Loyal Feng Shui Adviser, I Leave $3 Billion
From what I can gather about Feng Shui, other than the silly mystical aspects, is basically making your surroundings harmonious, comfortable and safe.  It is said that having a sofa in the dining room  leaning against the bedroom wall is good turtle.  We also be mindful not to spend too much time cooking with our backs to the door.  Other than that, I think you can just use your good sense.

I do know that in American culture, especially in the west, you always sit where you can see everyone else, and especially the door.  And in a couple's bedroom, the man should always sleep on the side of the bed closest to the door in case of an intruder.  I was also taught that a man always walks on the street side of the sidewalk because that is the dangerous side.  Also that way, the woman gets to look in all the windows.

Anyway here are some examples of bad feng shui.  According to me.

No comments: