Saturday, March 27, 2010

 O.K. Let's Do This!

 

 I cannot believe I am actually going to do this, but necessity is the mother of invention, and I have got to be thrifty.  So I have decided to make my own slatted roman shades for the bedroom.  Not only that, but I have completely set myself up for failure by doing a top-down bottom-up type of shade which you can raise from the bottom, lower from the top, or both.  Cool for letting light in without loss of privacy while still allowing air in from an open window.  Hey, how hard can it be?
Like a Classic Roman Shade, a TDBU Shade is made with a fabric front backed with a drapery lining. The same type Headrail with pulleys or screw eyes and perhaps cord locks, is attached to the wall or window. Unlike a Classic Roman shade, the Top-Down shade is not attached to the headrail with Velcro (or staples). The shade "hangs" from a second set of lift cords that are tied to the top of the shade. Since the Headrail is exposed when the shade is "dropped", it is covered with a small Valance.

Pictures to follow.  I am starting tomorrow.  Sad thing is, if this works the way I want it to, then I am going to have to make four more for the living room. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did this go?

Mimi said...

I hate to admit it Anonymous, but I have not started yet. I will be doing it after the first of the year and will post results!